Disambiguation is required when two articles need to share the same name. For example, in anatomy, there are instances where different structures share the same name, e.g. lingula. Where this occurs, the content should be moved to an article that has a more descriptive title and the page referring to the general term should be converted into a page that links to the specific terms with an explanation.
- lingula (disambiguation): page states that several anatomical strucures have this name and provides links to the appropriate articles
- lingula (mandible): contains the anatomical information for the lingula of the mandible
- lingula (lung): contains information about the lingula lobe of the left lung
The overriding policy should enable a user who has never visited the site to get to the article they want without confusion.
- disambiguation page: term
- specific pages: term [parenthesis] context [parenthesis], in this case lingula (mandible)